Creamy Raspberry Cheese Cake
2 lbs. of softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
Finely ground almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
1 cup of raspberries
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup of sour cream
1. Beat 2 lbs. of softened cream cheese until light, scraping bowl often. Add 1 3/4 cups of sugar slowly. With mixer still running, add 1 tablespoon flour then 4 eggs, one at a time followed by 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier.
2. Remove from mixer and add 1 1/2 finely grated orange rind and gently fold in 1 cup of raspberries. Coat inside of lightly buttered 10-inch spring-form cheese cake pan with finely ground almonds.
3. Pour batter into pan. Set pan on sheet of tin foil. Pull foil up around and above sides of pan and fold into coollar. Set in pan with a 1/2 inch of boiling water, bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours – until set. (Cover with foil if it starts to brown).
4. Remove foil collar, let rest for 10 minutes. Make topping by mixing 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vaninlla into 1 cup sour cream. Pour topping over cheese cake and return to 325 degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool. Chill at least 3 hours, preferable overnight. Cut with dry hot knife, wipe blade after each cut and run hot water over blade periodically to keep it hot. Serves 10 – 12.
* Recipe taken from Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest: The ARK Restaurant Cookbook by Jimella Lucas and Nanci Main